Monday, October 31, 2011

Interview With Tiana Washington, author of Shanna's Lost Ribbon


Tell us a bit about you? Well I'm a single mother or two. I have a 12 year old son named Tylon and a 4 year old daughter named Thijs. I speak french, spanish, some chinese and japanese. I play the viola and the piano. I'm studying medical office management at Kaplan and I am a tomboy at heart!


What inspired you to write Shanna's Lost Ribbon? I wasn't really inspired to write Shanna's Lost Ribbon at all actually. I was a senior in high school and on my lunch break instead of catching up on some homework, I wrote the book. The other four books in my Shanna series are Shanna Goes To Camp, Shanna and the Whip-o-Whirl, Shanna and the Tag-a-Long Pup, and Shanna and the Big Race.

Are you planning to write any new books in the future? Can you give us a sneak peek? I am currently working on Crescent Sun: Sons of Blood and my suspense thriller, What She Knows. If you would like a sneak peak then my website is the place to go.

What do you do in your spare time when you’re not writing? When I'm not writing, I am usually just being a mom, cooking, watching tv, hanging out with my friends and family, or snuggling with my cats.

Who was your favorite author when you were young? When I was young, I loved to read Judy Blume and Shel Silverstein.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors? The only advice I have for aspiring authors is love what you do. If you don't feel it then your readers won't either.

Describe yourself with 5 words. To describe myself in 5 words I would have to say: funny, carefree, imaginative, creative, tomboy.

How did you get interested in writing children's books? I wasn't really interested in just writing childrens books. I write my dreams. I usually have very weird and vivid dreams and I turn them into stories. The other four kid books that are in my series are about me as a girl so it only took me two days to write them 

Do you have a web page or fan page?
I do have a web page and fan page. tianacwashington.com is my webpage and I have three fan pages on Facebook where my books can also be purchased. Author Tiana Washington will take readers to Shanna's Lost Ribbon, Vampires will take readers to Crescent Sun, and  Camden will take readers toRomance novel Camden.


Where can people buy your books?
I have actually written 9 books. Five childrens books and four novels. My novel Crescent Sun, which is a paranormal romance novel is available actually through my website tianacwashington.com, amazon.com, B&N.com,  powellbooks.com, goodreads.com, anythingtoread.com and of course, through contacting me on Facebook. My historical romance novel Camden, is available on my website only.


Anything else you would like to share? I am very excited about my work and I hope that parents will find Shanna's Lost Ribbon a true treat for their young girls and I also hope that women who love a fantastic story line will fall in love with my characters in my novels...they are truly a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment