Saturday, September 24, 2011

From My Bookshelf to Yours: Hexult by Perry Aylen





Are You Looking for a Book for Your Tween?

What a exciting change from the vampires and werewolves I have been reading lately. This book was a wonderful and entertaining adventure. Hexult is the story of two teens who are shipwrecked and saved. They are brought to a land where they are very different from the people around them. They are attacked verbally and physically due to fear and ignorance. The teens bring with them knowledge and information on how to build helpful items that are considered "magic".


I am always looking for a lesson learned and this story has a few. Perry expertly weaves in a lesson about predjudice. We learn along with the characters that just because someone or something is different doesn't make it "bad". Secondly, there were bits of science woven throughout the story.  I found myself wanting to build an ice tower! 


This story is aimed at ages 12-15 but I believe that it can be read aloud to younger children. Even adults will like it. Although it took me a chapter or two before I "got into" the story once I was in I didn't go to bed until I finished the book!


You can find this ebook in the U.S. at Amazon  Apple Diesel Barnes & Noble Sony Reader Store


U.S. paperback CreateSpace


Ebook in the U.K. at Amazon Apple


U. K. paperback Gadget Tree




Want to win a free copy? Go to Wild About Reading
*A free copy of this book was given to me for  a honest review.  No other compensation was provided for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment