Wednesday, November 30, 2011

From My Bookshelf to yours: The Many Adventures of Mortimer Crump: Mortimer's Sweet Retreat


Mortimer meets a monster who at first sight is scary, but he gets to know him and has a wonderful adventure. This is a beautiful story about friendship and not judging others based on their appearance. In an age where we are are dominated by computer generated images it was refreshing to see the hand drawn and colored pictures. My children LOVED all the beautiful sweets drawn as rides and things especially the chocolate commode. The sing song rhyming put the "icing on the cake" for me. A beautiful tale that should be shared with all children. Maybe the author can write a book about a vegetable land. If she does dedicate it to me!

*A free copy of this book was given to me for  a honest review.  No other compensation was provided for this review.



No comments:

Post a Comment