Thursday, July 28, 2011

From My Bookshelf To Yours: The Bravest Boy I Ever Knew Review

The Bravest Boy I Ever Knew By Lisa Eichlin

The Bravest Boy I Ever Knew is an uplifting and moving story. This tale of friendship is written in a language children of any age can understand. It tells a story of a young boy whose friend is disabled. He thinks his friend is very brave and he shares with the reader all of the reasons why. He never focuses on the disability and what his friend cannot do but instead on all the wonderful things his friend does.

Children will be introduced in a non intrusive way to someone with a disability. The Bravest Boy I Ever Knew will help children to better understand and not be scared of their differences. This story also shows that disabled children can do things just as well as able-bodied children and that they can have fun too.

I read this to my daughters and their friends. My four year old said at the end. “So he can do anything I can do. Wow!” My nine year old even enjoyed it. She giggled at the thought of Michael and his friend racing! This book is a perfect opportunity for parents, teachers or whoever is reading this to start a discussion with their children about people with disabilities.


I recommend this book to everyone with a child. You can purchase this book at http://www.amazon.com/Bravest-Boy-Ever-Knew/dp/1615665277

Visit the author Lisa Eichlin at https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-Bravest-Boy-I-Ever-Knew-By-Lisa-Eichlin/150419904976608


Want to win a free copy? Go to Wild About Reading A winner will be announced Saturday 7/30/11.



*A free copy of this book was given to me for  a honest review.  No other compensation was provided for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment