Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From My Bookshelf to Yours: Fifo "50 States" by Hayley Rose


Fifo "50 States" is a fun and educational book. The states are listed by alphabetical order. It is written in a rhyming prose that makes the information easy to remember. The book presents each state's capital, motto, flower, tree, bird as well as the chronological order that the state entered the Union. I especially love that Fifo the bear is journeying through each of the states. He is so cute in each of his state appropriate outfits. Each state also has pictures and tidbits on the pages of things like what the state is "famous" for.



My 4th grader took it to school to share with her class because they have been working on the states and capitals. I had to hunt the teacher down to get the book back because she loved it so much!
This is definitely a must have for parents, children and teachers!

*A free copy of this book was given to me for a honest review. No other compensation was provided for this review.

Visit Hayley's website:  Fifo the Bear and FaceBook
Click here to read Interview with Author Hayley Rose of Fifo "50 States"
Read The Dos and Don'ts Book Review

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book to teach children about the United States.I would love to share it with my children.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. My second graders would love this. I really like that it is written in rhyme.

    ReplyDelete